If you're like me, you've walked into department stores and craft stores recently and thought, wait, wait, wait!!! It's barely even fall yet, and they're displaying Christmas stuff?!? Well, friends, this year, I've jumped on the crazy train too and started preparing early!!! The holidays will be so much less stressful if all the gifts are already taken care of!
With my new finish-the-shopping-early theory in mind, I was super excited when Havalah from Sisters, What! asked if I wanted to create a holiday gift for a blog hop with fourteen other bloggers! Handmade gifts? Can it get any better?! It's only September, so you've got plenty of time to explore DIY gift ideas and get your craft on!! These are some talented ladies, so you're sure to find plenty of ideas! Links to all of the above projects are at the bottom of this post!
I wanted to create something that had a Christmas theme to it and something that anyone could use. I also wanted it to be an affordable gift that was easy enough for anyone to make! I created these simple holiday tea towels quickly and easily! The best part is that they can easily be customized to any design you want and can work for any occasion!
- Wash, dry, and iron a set of plain flour sack tea towels.
- Choose wording and fonts. Print your design and cut out each word. The font I used is "Quickier."
- Arrange your design on the tea towel, and then slip it underneath the tea towel so that you can see the text through the towel.
- Trace the text with fabric markers in your choice of color.
- You could even add embellishments such as ribbon or lace!
>>> See where I link up each week! <<<